Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Derby Week in the City

One of my favorite times of year is Derby time. Don't get me wrong Louisville offers fun stuff all year but there is something special about this time of year. The vibe of the city changes, people are more energized, and things are brighter. Derby is always the first Saturday of May so the whether can be iffy but we keep out fingers crossed and hope for the best. One of the best Derby t-shirts that has ever been is "Work? It's Derby Week!". This kind of how I feel. Phones go silent, e-mail slows down, and as the week goes on the office staff thins out, included me.

I am heading out to Churchill Downs this year for Oaks, the filly's race. This year the Downs is donating $1 for ever tickets sold to the Susan G. Koman breast cancer foundation up to $135,000 so I am more then happy to help the cause. My sisters and I and some friends will be trying out the new Infield Club location, I hope to get some great pictures.

On Oaks and Derby it always makes it more festive to dress up and (if you are female) where a hat. Sis, Boo (other sister) and I decided to make our own hats this year. All of them turned out very good if I do say so myself. I will post pictures of them later today or tomorrow.

All in all this is going to be a fantastic week of fun and parties and hopefully lots of pictures for all to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment